Just a question to the preferences

Started by sinus, July 09, 2021, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Mario,
I have only a question, no feature request (yet), I would simply like to know, if this would be a lot of work for you.

I work with a 3D-slicer, Ultimaker Cura.
There are quite a lo of preferences to change.

If I change such a pre-defined preferences, I can see this clearly, where I have changed something.
This I can see also after a restart.

This is very convenient.

I simply want to know, would this be a lot of work for you?

If you say, yes, then that's done for me.
If you say, well, 2-3 hours ... then I would consider a feature request.
;D

In the attachement you can see, how cura does it, I can simply click on the round arrow, and I can see the default value.
All changed defaults have such an arrow.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

You have a Defaults button in the Application Preferences and in Metadata 2 - which resets the settings back to their default values.
This shows you the default values. If you close the dialog box with cancel, no settings are actually changed.

Added a "show default" for each setting in this dialog would indeed a lot of work. And I doubt that this is really required, because the defaults chosen by IMatch work very well in 99% of all cases.
And if you change something, you should know why you are doing this and why. And then you can also use the Default button to temporarily switch back to the default values for checking.

In addition (like with the data-driven properties) IMatch 2021 highlights values which have been changed from the default in E > P > Application and E > P > Metadata 2:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on July 09, 2021, 02:53:20 PM
Added a "show default" for each setting in this dialog would indeed a lot of work. And I doubt that this is really required, because the defaults chosen by IMatch work very well in 99% of all cases.

OK, no problem.
I love this feature in cura, where the defaults works also in 99% of all cases, ok, say 95%  ;D

No problem, I can remember, there were some questions about this, but of course,  most of the users, I guess also, does not use this.

Question solved, thanks!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus