People tagging

Started by frlindla, July 16, 2021, 11:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frlindla

I have tried the people tagging in Imatch a lot. But for some people it seems that Imatch have more problems with finding photos of that person. I have read in the help topic and here in the community that trained faces should not be more than 10. So I have tried to find some good photos for each person. I have also tried to untrain for the persons with problems. I see that small faces can be a explaination. But I have expected Imatch to find more faces.

Often I use the face manager. But also face tag folders with the viewer. As long as I train just 10 for each person I would expect Imatch to find more faces. For example for one of my daughters, Imatch almost never suggest her as the correct person when I use F2.

Look forward to Imatch 2021. Looks like you are doing something with the people view too:)

Mario

The AI in IMatch is as good as it gets. No improvements in IMatch 2021.
IMatch excels at face recognition and beats many of the systems offered by big corporations for big, big bucks.

It cannot be 100% accurate (no AI does), but is very good. It's exceeds about 98% accuracy at typical AI benchmarks for face recognition.
Impossible to exceed that for app purpose face recog. Maybe call back in 10 years or so.

If the faces in your images are not detected, use the setting optimized for detecting small faces. One of the features unique to IMatch. See No Faces Found? for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook