Higher Resolution / changing IMatch-behaviour

Started by sinus, July 29, 2021, 11:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

I have a new monitor with 3840x2160 pixel.
On this monitor IMatch works wonderful, but I had to change the fonts in the windows layout fur custum thumbs.
OK, I have done so, and IMatch works now very good.

Not so Photoshop CS6 (still this version  8))

The menus are far too small, even if I set them in Photoshop to big.

Hence, after some researches on the net I found this:

UPDATE!

There is no need for this 'fix' with the Creators Update.

Microsoft has now baked this into Windows. After right clicking and selecting 'properties' for the application you want to scale.... You will find 'Override high DPI scaling behavior.' under the 'Compatibility' tab. Select 'System' from the drop down.

I have done and voila, Photoshop looks great again.  :)

Now I wondered, hmmm, can I do the same with IMatch?
I tried it, see attachement and ... it works with System (system "erweitert" gave a crash, simply system).

Now I wonder, does it make sense to do also so with IMatch like the tip above for Photoshop?
I think, better leave, like it is!?

Have I seen this tip, I guess, I would not have to change all the fonts in IMatch, hence I want only know, Mario, does it make any sense for you, to do this or better leave like it is?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Not sure what your question is.
IMatch uses the default system font, which is controlled by Windows for most things.

IMatch gives you options to control menu, tree and icon sizes.
For things where you work most of the time like the Keyword Panel, Attributes Panel and Metadata Panel, you can use the comfortable "Increase Font Size" commands from the menu.
File Window layouts allow you to control the font size of each element if you are not satisfied with the standard font size based on the default Windows control font.

IMatch is DPI aware, so I don't know what forcing Windows to DPI-scale IMatch on top of that will do.
I use IMatch on two 4K monitors and I have no issues at all.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on July 29, 2021, 11:41:08 PM
Not sure what your question is.
I use IMatch on two 4K monitors and I have no issues at all.

In this case I leave it like it is.
The issue FOR ME was, with a new 4K monitor, I could control all with Windows and IMatch-controls like menu, tree and icon.

The only thing, what I could not change, have been the "File Window Layouts".
The text on these layouts have been far too small, including the IMatch Defaults-Layouts.
And these text I could only change with going into the Layout and make the text bigger.

Hence I thought, if this "trick" works with Photoshop, maybe also with IMatch.
And indeed, I tried it and I think, it is correct, had I simply used this trick, then IMatch would have been displayed fully correct, including the text in the "File Window Layouts".

Because I have already changed the text in the "File Window Layouts", I will let, like it is.
I thought only, if other users change to a 4K-monitor, they could see the same effect, too small text for thumbnails, and with this tip all would be fine.

But maybe other user does not have this issue, when they change to a 4K-monitor, therefore my thread is not necessary.
All is good, finally.  :)

Markus

Mario

When IMatch asked if you want it to adapt to your high-res monitor during installation, you answered with no.
You wrote:

QuoteThe message about the higher "dpi" was displayed, but I chose to keep it that way for the moment.
Because I can easily change that, I wanted to see how it looks first.

This means that IMatch configured things like toolbars, menus, fonts, popup sizes, the File Window layout and tips etc. for monitors with normal resolution. Because you wanted it that way.
You can now change all these settings in the Application preferences yourself.

To load the standard File Window Tip for high-res monitors, use the "Load" button on Edit > Preferences > File Window Tip and load the system-high-res.imfwt preset.
It uses font sizes suitable for high-DPI monitors.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, Mario, for your answers.
I will check that.

At least IMatch works super with the new monitor and with the new pc.  :D
Markus