Filtering by a range of Metadata variable?

Started by markkums, August 15, 2021, 03:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markkums

Hi all,

I woder if any of you are familiar with the subject.

I tried to filter my nightscape files based on a range (i.e.: values between some upper and lower limits, or, at least, values limited by one limit (upper or lower)) of shutter speed value (files taken with long shutter speeds, 15..30 secs).

I tried to do this with value filtering including regular expression, but failed always in getting the script right. Could you advice, or do you know some other way to do this (e.g. by data driven categories or something)?

B.r: Markku

Mario

I'm not sure that I understand this completely.

When you use a Metadata Value filter for the tag shutter speed, you see all unique shutter speeds in the current scopes.
You can then select the shutter speed(s) you are interested in.

By the sounds of it, you were using the metadata search.
If users say "tried" it is usually helpful to see what they tried, which values they are interested in etc.

All metadata filters use the formatted value, so you'll see data like 1/60 or 1/800 or for long exposures maybe 1/1 or less.

I would probably just use a data-driven category on the shutter speed tag.
Enable the Use RAW value and set the data type to Real option so you get the numeric shutter speed.
Use one or more Numeric Ranges to limit the category to the shutter speed values you are interested in.

See attachment below.

For example a numeric range like 1,100 gives you all files with 1 or more seconds of exposure.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

markkums

Hi Mario and thanks for your reply.

Of some reason I did not think that those shutter values in the list were my own real values, my mistake.

Anyway, I´ll try the alternative you supposed to do that.

Thanks
Markku