deleting rejected files in collection

Started by grauschaf, October 18, 2013, 01:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grauschaf

I like the reject rating and I used following scenario to delete files:

- I rated some files in file window with the "reject" flag pressing <DEL>  :)

- I switched to <collections> <reject>. All files with reject icon are shown  :)

- Now I want to delete all these rejected files. I mark them all and press <DEL>. A message with information in the reject feature pops up. I have to hit the <ok> button to proceed and all reject flags are removed from the files. The collection is now empty, I have to make my choice of files to delete from the beginning >:(
This is the same (normal) behavior like in the file window or in the Viewer.

Solution:
Differing from the "normal" behavior in the special case described above the information window should be replaced by a message box, which offers a choice between resetting the reject rating, delete the files finally or do nothing.

Does anyone has a better idea?

ChrisMatch

hit CTRL+DEL
or use the menu command
Commands  >> Delete rejected files...

grauschaf

Hi Chris
Thank you for your reply. I know about the <Ctrl><Del> function. But my first intend is to press <Del> when I want to delete an object. I mean, I hit <Del> accidentally. In this case there is no way back: I have to confirm the information window and all reject assignments are removed from the files. I have to do the selection of files to delete from the start. Maybe hours of work for a to hasty finger  ;).

As I said, I like the idea of marking files as rejected but I won't use it like it is at the moment. Which is not a big disadvantage: IMatch provides a lot of other possibilities.

BenAW

In Preferences > Application > Rejected Files you can change the behaviour of the DEL key.

Perhaps what you're looking for?

grauschaf

In the preference settings I can change the behaviour of the <DEL>-key. I like the reject function and I don't want to change it.

After thinking a bit about my "problem" it seems to be a problem of my understanding and not a problem of IMatch. The reject marking is a rating like the other ratings (numbers, stars, ...). And like all other ratings it could be toggled - the behavior is the same.

By now it is my opinion to leave the functionality as it is. It might be confusing, to treat the reject rating different to the other ratings.

Thank you for your comments. They forced me to have a closer look to my problem.

Gerd

Hi,

Reject is a rating and you can set/reset it by pressing key <6> ...
_______
Regards
Gerd