Show number of images in map window

Started by frankdarwin, September 11, 2021, 04:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

Is there a way to display the number of images that are on the position of a file marker in the map?

Mario

Please define "one position".

The Map Panel shows all selected files (with GPS coordinates) in the active File Window - so you know how many files are displayed on the map. The caption bar in the File Window shows the number of selected files.

1.  To find all files at a certain spot or area, use one of the Select commands.
This is of course explained in the Map Panel help topic, so I just point you there: Finding Files in an Area
You can make this feature select all files in this area in the current File Window or the entire database.

2.  Another way to find all files (aka count) at a location is placing the target marker and using the Find files nearby command from the context menu.

Did you try all that and nothing does what you want?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin

Everything you write is known to me and works.
What I mean is something else.
I select an image with GPS coordinates and find its position on the map.
I know that there are more images on the same position.
I wanted to know if there is a way to display the number of images on that position, even though I have selected only 1 file as shown in the attachment.

Mario

No.
The Map Panel does not search your entire database for images in the same location when you click on an image. This could take a long time and probably would badly interfere with what most users want.
Your files are already grouped by Country, City and Location in the IMatch standard categories. This means, for example, all images taken in the same city or a concert hall, event location etc. are already grouped together. You only need to click on the category to see all images. And when you Ctrl+A them in the File Window, the will show on the map.
There is no need to make the map panel search the entire database for images nearby the image you have selected. You can do that anytime using the "Find" options or the "Nearby images" commands.

Just use what's already there and what IMatch does for you automatically in the background.
Click on Germany > Hannover in the Category View to see all images you have taken in Hannover. It's that easy.
Use the Filter panel to filter for dates or persons or camera model or whatever if you need to further reduce the image count.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin