reverse geocoding provider also in the geocoding panel

Started by hannes_hab, September 13, 2021, 05:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannes_hab

I sometimes change the provider for the reverse geocoding.
I wonder if it would be possible to change this not only in the preferences but also in the panel where I do the reverse geocoding (like it is solved in the map panel - where I can select the map Provider directly).

Mario

Almost everything is possible. It all depends on how much work (aka money) I have to invest into changes or new features. And if it is worth it.
A change like this can take a day or two to implement (changing the app, tests, documentation, translations, ...)

Apparently no other user so far sees a need for this.
I doubt that many users switch geocoding providers often, or at all.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

If you want to use HERE to reverse geocode while keeping your main geocode to something else - check out my Super GeoLocator App in the App Forum... I haven't used it in awhile since this functionality was added to the Main Program... but it may work still and provide you with a secondary provider without altering your primary.

hannes_hab

Thank you Mario - maybe it can be done sometimes ... :)
Jingo: Thank you , but unfortunately I did not find a GeoLocator App - maybe you can send me a link to this app

hannes_hab

Jingo: Thank you, I did a websearch and now I found and tried it -it works fine - thank you very much!