how to drag/copy images from IM5 to Windows Explorer Folder

Started by ianrr, October 25, 2013, 01:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianrr

Dont seem to be able to drag files directly from IM5 to Windows Explorer. Can drag files to Fastone Viewer first, then drag to IE  ...  What I am trying to do is get images from IM5 to a Tablet with as few intermediate copies as possible. Anyone have any ideas / if this can be done ?

Thanks

Ferdinand

Works here.  Where in IE are you trying to drop them?  I just dropped one image onto the main window in IE and it displayed.  Are you trying to drop them into a dialog?

BenAW

Quote from: ianrr on October 25, 2013, 01:35:13 PMDont seem to be able to drag files directly from IM5 to Internet Explorer.
You're refering to Windows Explorer in the subject, but to INTERNET Explorer in the message.

Drag/drop to WINDOWS Explorer works here as expected.
I don't see how drag/drop to INTERNET Explorer is supposed to work  ???

Ferdinand

Good point.  Missed that.  You can drag one file to IE and it displays it, if it can.  WE works here too.

ianrr

Thanks, changed the message to be correct.

Well for me I can drag an image to Fastone viewer, but not directly to an IE folder. Maybe something on my machine stopping it.

Well if it works for others, will need to find the problem here.

Thanks for your help everyone

Ian

BenAW

Quote from: ianrr on October 25, 2013, 02:49:33 PM
Well for me I can drag an image to Fastone viewer, but not directly to an IE folder.
Just tried to drop several images on INTERNET Explorer (IE). The first one is displayed, located at its actual folder.
The rest is just disregarded.
What is the point in dropping images on IE?

ianrr

Was a typo on my part  ... meant Windows explorer.  I can be used though to check how it will look on the internet in various browsers. From what I gather, not all browsers handle the color space attached to one's image, Firefox seems quite good apparently in this department as it will give a correct display of a Adobe RGB file, sRGB file and ProPhoto. Files with no color space attached it then assumes sRGB.

Other browsers do different things regarding color profile attached ( or not ) to the image.

Ian

Mario

You can drag any number of files (within the limits allowed by your specific Windows version) from the IMatch File Window to a Windows Explorer window or other application windows, taskbar or desktop icons. IMatch supports the standard HDROP transfer protocol.

When you drop multiple files to the standard web browses, they will "open" the first file only.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook