Relocation-Problem

Started by Gerd, October 23, 2013, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

Hi,

I have copied some pics from my H-drive to my C-drive, exact the same paths. Also in the relocate-dialog I saw exact the same paths, onle the drive letter was different.

But in the IM5-database in Media&Folders-view, they are placed under C:\ and not under C:\Canon\ as it was on the H-drive.

How can I change that?

[attachment deleted by admin]
_______
Regards
Gerd

Photon

I hope that I understand your issue correct.
By default, the top folders are not displayed, when they are not "required".
There is an option in the folder view configuration which is named "Show full path for the first level".
Just click on the small gear-wheel symbol and try the difference of Yes/No.
| IMatch v5.5.8 + Win7proN64bit | Lumix, Pentax |
| ExifTool, ImageMagick, GeoSetter | JPhotoTagger, MusicBee | CaptureOne, LightRoom | jAlbum, WingsPlatinum, Mobjects |

Mario

Relocation error.

The Canon folder is not part of your database.
Add it via the normal "Add Folder" dialog and maybe refresh the M&F View afterwards with <F5>.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

Hi,

I see, that it has to do with "friendly names" ... if I switch it off, then I see the complete paths and all is in the same structure (see screenshot).

But how do I get the path c:\xbeb\d\canon for all these direcctories named with the friendly-name c:\CANON?

... and how to I get rid of the wrong sorting of this one path/folder? I have tried several sorting-options, but it does not help ...

[attachment deleted by admin]
_______
Regards
Gerd

Gerd

Hi,

the sorting in the Media&Folder-view is done by the name of the last folder (1. Level) in the path. Is that a bug or a feature???
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

1.  Friendly Names are just a free text you can enter for folders. The friendly name has nothing to do with the physical folder name (that's the reason for having friendly names). IMatch shows whatever you enter here.

2. The sort sequence for folders can be set via the Gear button in the toolbar. Check what you have selected there.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

_______
Regards
Gerd