How do you change the display time zone in the File Window?

Started by dfdfgsfgsda, September 27, 2021, 05:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfdfgsfgsda

I recently got back from a trip in a different time zone. The Date Subject Created has a timezone offset of, say, +02:00. Now I am in my home time zone, say, -04:00.

It seems that in the File Window the photos from my trip are being displayed in my local -04:00 time. So something I took on vacation at 10 AM vacation time is showing up as 4 AM in the File Window.

I have a few questions regarding my viewing options.

• Let's say I wanted the time to show the vacation time for those photos (or just temporarily). It would be nice to have a sense of what time we did things on vacation when showing photos without having to constantly do math.
  • Let's say I permanently move from a -04:00 zone to a -05:00. How do I make IMatch display photos in the new time zone? I tried changing the time zone of my Windows machine, but all the display dates in the File Window were still showing relative to -04:00 rather than the -05:00 I set it to.

Mario

I recommend to start with How IMatch uses Date and Time Information
If you use the default File.DateTime, it will be in your local time. This is how IMatch is designed to work and how it should be.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook