Is there a change in how the file window refreshes in 2021.10.2

Started by Tallpics, September 29, 2021, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallpics

Hi, I've just updated to 2021.10.2 and it seems that the way the file window updates has changed.

My work process assigns all imported images with an 'Unclassified Images' category.

I then select Unclassified Images in the sidebar which shows all those images in the file window (where-ever they are stored) for me to add my specific categories to.

I select an image in the file view panel and use a categories panel on the left to assign all the new categories.

Then I select the Current categories panel and it shows all the categories assigned to that image including the Unassigned Image category.

Before the latest update when I selected the tick box to remove the Unassigned Image category the file window would automatically refresh and remove the image.

This no longer seems to happen, I have to manually refresh or swap category and return to the Unclassified category to update the window.

I've checked the old behavior on my laptop which is still running the previous version of IMatch and that still operates as before.

Has the default behavior changed or have I maybe changed a setting without realizing?

Mario

For all changes in this release, please see the detailed release notes.
I take great care and spend a lot of time writing these.

I'm not quite sure that I understand. With "sidebar" do you mean the Filter Panel? "File View Panel" means File Window, correct?

The new version contains a bug fix that solves the issue that when
- stored filters are used
- the user manipulates something this stored filter depends on (e.g. filtering for rejected files and then rejecting more files)
- the File Window does not automatically refresh

This has been resolved. For the corresponding community thread and discussion, see the release notes.
This is the only change related to the Filter Panel.

Please explain what you are doing, how your Filter Panel is set up etc.
How is your unclassified category set up etc.
Which filters you apply etc.

Basically everything I need to reproduce what you are doing so I can see if I can reproduce this issue here.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook