Can IMATCH auto-stack image sets for HDR & Pano?

Started by RichPate, September 29, 2021, 12:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichPate

I would like to switch from Adope Bridge to iMatch, but have a concern.

In Bridge I can go through a folder of imported image files and automatically stack (group together) bracketed image sets shot for HDR. These image sets are comprised of 3 or 5 shots that have been EV bracketed by the camera of the same subject. To do this in Bridge you go to Stacks > Auto-Stack Panorama/HDR and the app goes through the folder finding the 3-shot sequences of each subject and "stacks" them together (see below).

Can iMatch be set up to do this? And if so, how does that work?
Thanks.

Mario

I recommend looking at Auto-Stacking which allows you to automatically stack files based on a number of standard criteria, and if that is not sufficient, by any metadata tag via Variables

Different cameras and devices may store bracket (EV, white balance, etc.) information in different tags or even the file name, so you need to check the metadata panel to find the tag on which you want to base your automatic stacks. You can of course also just select the files and create a regular stack.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RichPate

Confirmation for anyone wanting to Auto-stack HDR image sets in iMatch. Once you make the appropriate settings in File Relations, iMatch works great. It even stacked the normal exposure on top for best viewing.

IMatch stacked a folder of 200 25MP RAW files that were shot as bracketed three-image sets -- in just 2 seconds with no errors. Adobe Bridge took about 15 seconds with two errors that had to be corrected manually, taking a total of 3 minutes. This greatly speeds up my workflow.

I used a Nikon D750 set to shoot 3 exposure-bracketed images one f-stop apart at 6 frames per second with mirror locked up and shoot order set for the normal exposure to be shot first. 

Go to Commands > Relations > Auto-Stack Files in the top menu bar and try the settings shown below:

sinus

Very good, tanks!

Auto-stack is very powerful.
I use it to manually stack files, and use "make file with highest rating top of stack" what works great.
And I use also a color, to distinguish private from business stacks. (in your attachement the last entry).

It it too long since I did "fill out" the stacking - preferences, hence my stackings as attachement (forgot that I have of course also a variable).

BTW, I have also two D750, very cool cameras, specially in relation from quality and prize. Just one year ago now, I bought a brandnew D750, because a dealer had a very cheap sale.
Now, after 127'000 shots whith my current D750, I think, latest at the beginning of the new year I will use this "new", still wrapped - but tested, D750.  8)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus