imagga auto tagging?

Started by kirk, October 03, 2021, 10:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

I see that Snap!  error when try to auto tag by imagga.    Created there a free 1k use account yesterday, activated  it after an email ,   copy/pasted api key  whatever it might be  into Imatch setup window.       Imatch didn't asked me to sign in into Imagga    so that API key is enough , right?     

So what could be possibly wrong?   Would like to figure out before trying another tagger.

hannes_hab

You have to use the API-Key and the API-Secret divided with :
API-Key:API-Secret

Mario

The IMatch log file (see log file) may contain additional information about the error.
As hannes_hab said, the imagga authentication requires the api_key:api_secret , separated with a :
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kirk

Still see an error:

10.03 15:05:05+ 3781 [7788] 00  A>                   AutoTagger: Processing 2 files.
10.03 15:05:05+   16 [B028] 10  M>                    > 19 CIMatchWebServices::HandlerGET_FilesImageBase64  'V:\develop\IMatch5\src\imws\IMatchWebServices.cpp(10224)'
10.03 15:05:05+    0 [B028] 10  M>                    < 19 CIMatchWebServices::HandlerGET_FilesImageBase64
10.03 15:05:07+ 1141 [7788] 00  A>                   AutoTagger  Error: 'An error occurred while communicating with the external service. See below for details.' '{
  "readyState": 4,
  "responseText": "{\"status\":{\"text\":\"Could not connect to the credential server, please try again later.\",\"type\":\"error\"}}",
  "responseJSON": {
    "status": {
      "text": "Could not connect to the credential server, please try again later.",
      "type": "error"
    }
  },
  "status": 401,
  "statusText": "error"
}'.

BTW, when I copy api key and api secret by small "copy"button on the right in imagga account  it does it with a space before and after the sequence .
So it comes as "spaceAPIkeyspace:spaceAPIsecretspace"   in iMatch.      When it try manually remove those spaces I match shows me" wrong credentials"       So perhaps  I have to delete  only few of those spaces? 

Mario

Could not connect to the credential server, please try again later

This sounds more like a problem on the imagga side?
Maybe they were temporarily affected by the Lets Encrypt root certificate expire the other day. Many services were.

I'm just checked and it works without problems here.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kirk

I tried again  and suddenly it started to work.     Thanks guys

kirk

Not very intelligent tagger I can say.      Are they all  like this?

Mario

Quote from: kirk on October 03, 2021, 02:30:56 PM
Not very intelligent tagger I can say.      Are they all  like this?

Hard to tell from just a description alone.
All AIs have their pros and cons, are trained from different models etc.
Some vendors offer different models for different purposes, like wedding, people, fashion, good, travel, ...

It depends on the motives in your images, mostly. And your expectations.

All vendors have a sort of "preview" feature on their web sites, where you can upload some of your images to see the results.
IMatch offers the choice between four of the best systems out there.

Keep in mind that no AI (yet!) can come even close to what a human can do. But they are fast and automatic.
If you add a few hundred files a month, you can easily get by with all the cool keywording features in IMatch, a good thesaurus with a controlled vocabulary, synonyms and links. Favorites to quickly add sets of keywords with a click.

But if you face the task to add keywords to 100,000 files, using an auto tagger AI can save you days or even weeks of work.
Even when it only creates a very rough organization and many false positives. You can always improve later.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kirk

I shoot materials for textures mostly    and some nature backgrounds .  Wonder which of available AI  is suited best for such things. 

ps. And when it comes to actual textures for a game  that AI is  having absolutely no idea  what it is

Mario

I'm quite sure that game textures is not something considered a market for image recognition vendors. Way to specialized.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator