Can I Exclude Folders from Top Level Views?

Started by Wow, October 19, 2021, 12:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wow

By top level views I mean if I am in the Media & Folders view, and have the database or a drive letter selected. I would like to be able to exclude images from some folders from showing up when I have the database or top level drives selected. Is this possible?

Thank You

Mario

One way to do this:

Assign these files into a category, create a filter for this category in the Filter Panel (Category Filter), save this filter. You can then enable it with a click when needed.

A more flexible approach would be:

If these files have something in common, e.g. a keyword or other metadata content, you can create a Filter for that keyword to hide the files as needed. This would be dynamic and you would  not assign the files to hide manually to a category.

And there is the Protected Files feature.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

And if your intention is to exclude the entire contents of a given Folder, or set of Folders (and/or their SubFolders), you can use the Folders Filter

Once you have configured the Folders to exclude, you can save that under a Name in the The Filter Manager (such as "Exclude Client Files" or "Exclude Personal Files"), and then apply that filter to any Scope in the future.
--Tony