imatch closing normally but unexpectedly

Started by chupacabra, October 24, 2021, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

There seems to be some key combination(s) I type accidentally that cause imatch to shutdown. Today this happened when I double-clicked on an image to see it in the viewer. I don't see anything on the keyboard shortcuts help that does this.

Can anyone explain or maybe guess at what's going on here?

Mario

Is the IMatch crash handler triggered and you see this: The Debug Dump File
In that case, follow the instructions and send me the email with the details and a link to the DUMP file you have uploaded to your cloud space.

If this happens when you use the Viewer and you have a NVidia graphic card, make sure you have the latest stable (Studio) driver installed.
There were bugs in older drivers which caused crashes in applications, including IMatch. But that was several months ago and Nvidia has fixed the problem in their code.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

chupacabra

I checked my graphics card and Windows says the driver is up-to-date. I checked the Windows Event Log and don't see anything that looks relevant. I thought maybe if there were some kind of graphics card error that it might logged in the Windows Event Log.

I last ran imatch with debug logging and have attached the log file. Mario, maybe you can tell from the log why imatch shutdown? I browsed the log file but don't see anyting that jumps out at me like "error <something or another> shutting down".

Please see attached log file zip.

Mario

No errors logged. Only one warning. You have not installed a spell checker dictionary and hence IMatch cannot do spell checking for your inputs.
The log file was closed already, which is the last thing IMatch does when shutting down.

This means that the error / crash happens when Windows is cleaning up the IMatch process, which indicates that the error/crash happens in a driver, Windows WIC component, a shell thumbnail handler or similar. Something outside the control of IMatch.

Did you make an exception for IMatch in your virus checker?
Does this only happen when you process certain file formats? This would point in the direction of a Windows codec or shell thumbnail handler.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook