Updating Changed Keywords

Started by Josebr, November 07, 2021, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josebr

I am not sure how to phrase this question as I am new to the newest version of Imatch software (Imatch 2021).

I made some keywords...i.e. "Robert Smith".  But have decided to change it to "Smith, Robert". When I changed it in the Thesaurus it was changed. But the photos of Robert Smith retain the original keywords. Is there some refresh procedure that will make the changes reflect in the photos too, so that it reads "Smith, Robert" instead of staying original name of Robert Smith? 

Also is it possible to move a 2nd level keyword to the 1st level?

Thanks

Mario

The thesaurus stores "text". When you make changes to the thesaurus, these changes are applied to the thesaurus.

Go to the @Keywords category, select Robert Smith. Now either

a) Rename the category. This also changes the keyword in all files.
or b) select all files in that catgeory, in the Keywords Panel delete Robert Smith and add whatever name you want.

QuoteAlso is it possible to move a 2nd level keyword to the 1st level?

Question is unclear. What do you want to do?
You can move keywords around in the thesaurus. You can move @Keyword categories around.
Did you read the The @Keywords Category help topic completely? It's all explained there.
Did you watch the tutorial videos for keywords and @Keywords yet?
This will answer all or most of your questions and save you a lot of time.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Josebr

Thanks for getting back to me Mario. Looking at my old database entries I see that I used Categories and not keywords. Time to read up on Categories. When you say "Go to @Keywords category" do you mean the one on the left or right panel? Categories show up on both the left and right panels.

Mario

There is a Category View and a Category Panel. Both have different purposes and both show the @Keywords category.
See Categories and The Categories Panel and The @Keywords Category

The main feature to work with keywords is the The Keywords Panel

With the introduction of IMatch 5 several years ago and the availability of hierarchical keywords in XMP at the same time, keywords became much more imported - IMatch categories are powerful and can do many things normal keywords cannot. But, in general, it's better to use keywords for, well, keywords. And categories for all other things.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook