IMATCH Database Location

Started by Josebr, November 08, 2021, 08:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josebr

How do I find the location of my IMATCH database? When I click on Database I see that IMATCH lists three databased numbered 1, 2, and 3. But which one is currently in use and where is it located on my hard drive? The online documentation does not state where in Windows IMATCH stores the database.

Also can I rename the database through IMATCH? I ask all this because I wish to save daily copies of the database on all my NAS and on my Online Backup.

Mario

The name of the currently loaded database is displayed in the IMatch caption bar at the top of the IMatch window (in the middle).
The full path of the database is displayed in the The Info & Activity Panel and of course in the IMatch Dashboard (Info Panel, in the Database section).

IMatch has no feature to rename databases because this is very rarely needed. Most users ever use one database.
You can rename the database in Windows Explorer when IMatch is not running. Then open it via Database menu > Open.

If you use Pack & Go, don't forget to configure the new database.

NOTE: If you work with multiple databases and you have created the database by copying your database in the file system (not by creating them in IMatch), make sure to follow When You Copy a Database: Change Database ID
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook