Face Detection and Categories

Started by Josebr, November 12, 2021, 07:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josebr

I have begun trying to use Face Detection, but it seems quite labor intensive. I don't want to select a few files or folder in using Face Detection. I want the program to go through all my files and detect faces. Even going folder by folder is too tedious. Each of my folders contains a days worth of photo.

Secondly I only need face detection IF in showing faces, I can then tick a box in the Category Tree and only if I can do so in mass. Other than that I have no need to have someone's name under their face in a photo. I want to use Face Detection to help me find people and then allow me to tick their Category Box. Is this possible? Yes I have read the documentation, but I have the over all frame of reference to put somethings together --connect the dots as it may.  Hence my questions.

abgestumpft

QuoteI have begun trying to use Face Detection, but it seems quite labor intensive. I don't want to select a few files or folder in using Face Detection. I want the program to go through all my files and detect faces. Even going folder by folder is too tedious. Each of my folders contains a days worth of photo.
You can select all photos in your DB via Categories->@all and then run the face detection on all your files.

QuoteSecondly I only need face detection IF in showing faces, I can then tick a box in the Category Tree and only if I can do so in mass. Other than that I have no need to have someone's name under their face in a photo. I want to use Face Detection to help me find people and then allow me to tick their Category Box. Is this possible? Yes I have read the documentation, but I have the over all frame of reference to put somethings together --connect the dots as it may.  Hence my questions.
I don't understand this completely.
What you can do is (maybe this is what you're asking for): in the Person Editor you can select the categories (and e.g. also keywords) that are automatically assigned to an image if that person is detected by face recognition.
No need to assign any categories manually for that person
See here: https://www.photools.com/help/imatch/index.html#people.htm#a_person_cats_kw