"_Keywords", instead of "@Keywords"

Started by Darius1968, November 18, 2021, 01:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I have a number of images, in my DB, that, for whatever reason, all have @Keywords, as the 1st-level, among all of the levels, in that multi-level keyword.  However, this, by itself, is not, what is so perplexing.  What is, is that in Categories view, under the @Keywords node, that level is enumerated as _Keywords, instead.  Is this by IMatch design, or is there something about these images (one of which, I've attached, here), that explains it? 

JohnZeman

Looking at your uploaded photo using the IMatch Keywords panel I see the following keywords assigned to that image.

@Keywords|D|Data Calculated Categories|Year Acquired|2014|08

_Family|_Darius|_Social Networking|_Facebook|_Uploads|_For Consideration

_Family|_Darius|_Social Networking|_Fetlife|_Already Evaluated

00_Private Keywords|_Interests|Animals|Horses

00_Private Keywords|_Interests|Animals|Birds

If you delete those keywords using the Keywords panel then refresh your category tree, those _Keywords should disappear from Category View providing you have the @Keywords properties option to "Keep empty categories" set to No.

Darius1968

John,

I think, you have misinterpreted, my question.  I did not wish to get rid of these keywords.  Rather, I wanted to know why, this particular hierarchical keyword, "@Keywords|D|Data Calculated Categories|Year Acquired|2014|08", was being enumerated in my category view, under the built-in @Keywords node, as, "_Keywords|D|Data Calculated Categories|Year Acquired|2014|08", effectively, replacing "@", with "_". 

JohnZeman

Ah yes, I think I did misunderstand your question.

Using the Keywords panel try replacing the

@Keywords|

At the beginning of your long keyword so in the Keywords panel instead of

@Keywords|D|Data Calculated Categories|Year Acquired|2014|08

It becomes

D|Data Calculated Categories|Year Acquired|2014|08

In Category View IMatch automatically creates the @Keywords root category, so when you try to add a keyword that begins with @Keywords IMatch replaces the @ with a _ then makes it a subcategory under @Keywords.  I didn't know it would do this until now.

At any rate in your Keywords panel don't assign keywords that begin with @Keywords|

Mario

The keywords in this file are:

@Keywords|D|Data Calculated Categories|Year Acquired|2014|08,
_Family|_Darius|_Social Networking|_Facebook|_Uploads|_For Consideration,
_Family|_Darius|_Social Networking|_Fetlife|_Already Evaluated,
20210625, 00_Private Keywords|_Interests|Animals|Horses,
00_Private Keywords|_Interests|Animals|Birds

which explains that. @Keywords is a protected name and when, for some reason, IMatch finds a hierarchical keyword containing @Keywords, it sanitizes it to _Keywords by replacing @ with _.
It seems you accidentally added @Keywords as part of one of your keywords (IMatch doesn't) and that's that.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook