DB Diagnostics - Metabase Error

Started by Darius1968, November 10, 2021, 06:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

"Metabase Error.zip" is for troubleshooting, an ongoing, frequently occurring Metabase Error, I keep getting, while performing a Database Diagnostics.  When it happens, the diagnostics will successfully, come to completion - with "1 error", reflected in my attached log file.  If I then, perform another diagnostics, immediately afterward, there will be no errors. 

I've reported, already, a few times, a long since problem I've been having, wherein, there is a conflict of operation, between the Filter Panels and the File Window Search Bar:  If both are, at the same time, influencing the files, displayed, in the file window, then when I switch to a different node - be it, a different date (Timeline View), a different folder/category, the effect of the Search Bar will become broken, leaving only the influence, of the Filter Panels.  I - as a consequence - have to manually, reinstate the Search Bar. 

The above-outlined conflict of operation - I have found - does not manifest, if my filter panels are restricted to just the IMatch Categories.  This says that, somehow, the metadata seems to be a culprit, and I wonder, if this Metabase Error that keeps coming up, could shed some light, on the problem. 

Mario

You did attach an IMatch log file. It shows no trace of an error.
You would need to attach the diagnosis log file (same folder as the IMatch log file).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Alright, I've attached, "IMATCH6_DIAGNOSIS_LOG_Metabase Error.zip".  Mind you, this log reflects - since the last metabase error - the DB being closed, and IMatch being shut-down.  Therefore, I hope this log still, contains information, about that metabase error.  If not, I'll gladly, attach another diagnosis log file, the next time, I encounter the error. 

Mario

No errors or warnings in this log file.
This is from your second diagnosis run. Make sure to make a copy of the diagnosis log before running the diagnosis again next time.
Also keep notes of what you do to produce this ominous and unspecified metabase error.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

And, so it goes...The ominous Metabase Error has come up again, during a DB diagnosis.  I've accordingly attached the diagnosis log file. 

Mario

There is no error reported in this log file.
Only a low-level warning about 8 files marked as pending but without metadata to write back. This can happen sometimes when you use undo, refresh files forcefully while they are already being ingested, Windows sending the wrong messages while you work in the file system outside IMatch etc. Many reasons, not harmful. The diagnosis is there to find and resolve such minor issues.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator