Folders Filter Panel Mystery

Started by Darius1968, December 09, 2021, 08:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Both file attachments - the zipped log file (debug-mode) and the png screen capture - document IMatch having been opened on my "Personal Assets" database. 
As is seen in the screen capture...

...There are no files displayed, for the case, wherein I'm parked on the "@All" category, and only "Folders" is active, in the filter panel.  To be sure, I've checked "Reset all check boxes", in the "Folders" sub-panel.  Despite this, however, the above screenshot shows, that there is one path ("C:\___BU\2013"), that is still supposedly having a check-box state. 
The problem is:  There is nothing checked underneath "C:\___BU\2013", and as I have already said, I have already deliberately cleared the check-boxes, via "Clear all check boxes".
Hopefully, the attached log file proves helpful in solving this mystery. 

Mario

If you enable the Folder Filter but do not check at least one folder, nothing will be displayed because all files in all folders are filtered out.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I think there has been a misunderstanding of my question: 
Yes, I know, that it is perfectly normal performance of IMatch, here, to not be displaying any files, because I have the Filter Panel active, with the Folders Filter being turned on, but no folders checked. 
The fact, that - as I have already said - I have nothing deliberately checked in the Folders Panel is what is strange.  Because, why, if I didn't check anything, is there an indication, in the screenshot, that there are subfolder(s) of "C:\___BU\2013", having a box checked.  However, nothing under "C:\___BU\2013" is checked.  That's the peculiarity I hope the log file can account for. 

Mario

I don't understand.
Have you tried closing the Folder Filter and reopening it again?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Yes, I have, and same result. 
This has been happening - when I close the DB, close-out IMatch, re-launch IMatch, and re-open the DB. 
I just now went through the process of - closing the Folders Filter, hiding the Filter Panel, closing the DB, closing-out IMatch, re-launching IMatch, re-opening the DB, and finally, re-opening the Filter Panel, and then, the Folders Filter.  This just gave me the same mysterious result. 

Mario

I cannot reproduce this.
Checked and unchecked folders for several minutes in two databases. No "sticking" icons (I assume that is what you mean).

When did this happen, what did you do before this happened? Does this affect all your databases or only one? Database diagnosis is clear (no warnings/errors)?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator