Show Only Folders In Scope

Started by Darius1968, December 08, 2021, 08:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

The Categories Panel has the Show only categories in scope function, and I would like to have that brought over to the Folders Panel, for a Show only folders in scope functionality, as well. 
It would be nice to be able to - in Filter Panel->Folders - toggle between (the currently, only available option) a hierarchical view (which shows the entire folder structure, that is relevant to all of the files in the database, with the check-box state, as pertains to the current settings of the filter), and a list view (which would show all of the folders, that are relevant to each and every file, that is now being displayed in the file window).  Then, it would maybe be easier (in the list view) to quickly spot a folder, that is no longer wanted in the filter, allowing for a swift and quick mouse-click, to exclude it, instead of having more steps - necessary in a tree view - to navigate the tree, expanding nodes fo find that very same folder. 
Also, if there would be - within the files, that are currently being displayed in the file window, with the Filter Panel being paused - the option - in Filter Panel->Folders - to see a list of the folders, that currently apply to the files, that are now being displayed, there could be a stronger possibility to quickly spot a folder in that list, sought after as a desired inclusion - be it as either to be included or excluded - in the Folders Panel. 
All in all, what is desired is a right-then-and-there ticking of a box.  As opposed, again, to having to take the added time, necessary, to navigate the folder tree, to find the specific folder, to, then, set the check-box state. 

Mees Dekker

AFAIK:  this option is not in the Categories panel but in the filter panel

ben

+1
It sounds like something i have been missing for a long while. But i am not sure if i understand your FR correctly.

In the folders view there is a small filter on the left bottom corner which we can use to filter for folder names.
The tree structure is then showing only these folders. Now, i would understand the FR in the way, that if you use the filter panel, then the tree structure on the left is showing only the folders that contain the filtered files.

Darius1968

Mees - Yes, this option is right now available for category filtering, via the Categories sub-panel of the filter panel. 

Darius1968

Ben - Actually, what I had in mind was, that the Folders sub-panel of the filter panel would be given a new ability, to switch to a new list view, that would be just for folders, that are currently either included or excluded (ie., their boxes checked).  Right here, the user could more quickly spot a folder, that they want to remove from the filter. 
But, yes, what you mention about the tree - in the Media & Folders - also being given the new feature, that would now self-filter, to reflect only the folders, that are currently applicable to what the folders filter panel is passing while active, would also be nice.