Collections Fail (Green Pin)

Started by Darius1968, December 14, 2021, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

In this image ...

... it can be seen that I'm in Collections->Pins->Green, for which the file window accurately reflects the three files that are assigned to this collection.  However, Collections->Pins->Green wrongly says that only one file is assigned. 
I've attached a debug-mode log file for your evaluation. 

axel.hennig

I also have this from time to time. Closing and re-opening the database or restarting IMatch solves the problem (at least on my end).

Darius1968

Quote from: axel.hennig on December 14, 2021, 12:48:45 PM
I also have this from time to time. Closing and re-opening the database or restarting IMatch solves the problem (at least on my end).

This goes for me as well - Collections->Pins->Green was successfully and correctly updated by simply closing and re-opening the database.  But, I'm just trying to figure out why it's not promptly updating, right on the spot. 

Mario

Click into the Collections View and press <F5>. Any change?
<F>5 works also in all other views and enforces an immediate update. Depending on what else is going on in the background, updating the collection counts may not IMatch's top priority.
When there are no related warnings in the log file, it is impossible to tell why or under which conditions the tree misses an "collection update" message. Or does not react on it properly. If you have a repro case (steps to produce this behavior reliably) let me know and I can check it out.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Like I said in my post, which was right before yours, I had fixed the issue by simply closing and re-opening the database.  Next time it happens, I'll remember your suggestion.