Files Updated Today Not In Collections->Recently Updated->Today

Started by Darius1968, December 18, 2021, 07:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I have in my DB a folder (79 files), in which all files have just been, a little bit ago, updated in the same way - Issuing a Paste Attributes (Ctrl+Shift+V):  Pasting Categories and Keywords. 

All 79 files correctly display as being updated, only via {File.Modified}.  However, the Metadata Panel - "Browser" selected in the drop-down)->Modified Date->2020:04:04 13:27:50-04:00 - isn't reflecting that I just now updated these files, via Paste Attributes (Ctr+Shift+V). 

When I made use of Paste Attributes, those files were not marked as needing updated. 

So, why is the variable correct, but the metadata isn't? 

Mario

File.Modified is imported by IMatch from the File System.

Which Modified timestamp to you refer to? There are several Modified timestamps available in metadata. Please show the full tag name.
Did you write back the files? Many timestamps and digests are created / updated during write-back only. The Composite\MWG\Modified tag changes after write-back, for example.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I refer to this modified timestamp:  {File.MD.Composite\MWG-ModifyDate\ModifyDate\0}

At the time I started this post, I did not write-back the files.  Because, the pen-icon was not present.  That said, I just now issued a write-back (Commands->Metadata write-back->For selected files...)

Now, the modified timestamp:  {File.MD.Composite\MWG-ModifyDate\ModifyDate\0} correctly reflects the time - as right now - for these files.  But, it's still weird, that neither did the pen-icon show, nor were these files present in Collections->Pending Metadata Write-back.  What would cause this? 

Mario

When you use the Copy Attributes command and you copy any kind of metadata, IMatch performs a write-back if needed and then using ExifTool to copy metadata from the source to the target files.
Since all metadata has been written, the pen will not show any longer. And the MWG Modified timestamp will be updated (I just checked and it does).

When you modify metadata in the database only (keywords, metadata panel), the modified timestamp will change after the next write-back, to whatever time the writeback was performed. I've also checked this just now.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook