IMatch Opens Behind Already-Open Programs - Windows 11

Started by Darius1968, December 21, 2021, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

No big deal.  But, lately, after having upgraded to Windows 11, I find that IMatch now has a tendency to get into this mode, in which after I close-out both - the database and IMatch itself, and then re-open IMatch, instead of being focused in front of other already-open programs - like Firefox or Outlook - it is behind all other open windows. 

Of course, this poses no operational-problems.  Because all I have to do is click the IMatch icon in the taskbar to focus it in the foreground. 

Shutting down and rebooting Windows 11 fixes the problem, as far as I can tell.  But, why is this happening in the first place, and is there anything I can do, without having to reboot Windows, to quickly settle the problem? 

Mario

QuoteShutting down and rebooting Windows 11 fixes the problem, as far as I can tell.

Mhmm...

I run Firefox all the time, and switch between IMatch and Office and Photoshop and Outlook all the time. I also regularly start IMatch without a database.
I have never experienced this (W10, 3 computers). I tried it just now, and it always works correctly. IMatch comes into the foreground, whether or not a database is loaded.

From my perspective, Windows 11 is still in beta test.
There are so many UI and other problems Microsoft is pushing out bug fixes in quick succession. It's not really ready yet.
They have changed (some say broken) so many things in the Windows UI, maybe that's what happens on your PC. May not happen on other PCs.-
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook