Add images without GPS data to an existing coordinate

Started by frankdarwin, December 19, 2021, 08:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

How can I assign images to an existing GPS coordinate that already has images on it?
I tried to use the map window to do this by displaying an image with the coordinates on the map, but when I then select 'the image without coordinates in the file window again, the marking of the previous image in the map window is gone again. The IMatch help did not really help me. Perhaps I have also overlooked the corresponding hint.

Mario

Quickest way:

Select the files you want to assign coordinates to.
Select the source file (which has the coordinates) last so it is the focused file.
In the Metadata Panel, click the pen icon in front of lat/long/alt. This sets all selected files to the same values for these tags.
Icons used in the Metadata Panel (There is also a "Did You Know?" topic for this)

Or

Select the file you want to use as the source.
In the Map panel, zoom right in. Place the target marker next to the pin of that file.
Select the files you want to update. Use the Apply Target Marker.

Or

Select source file, Ctrl+C
Select target files, press Shift+Ctrl+V (Paste Attributes) and tick the GFS coordinates (and optionally the shown/dest coordinates if you use those).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin