Folder/Category/Timeline/Collection Counts Variable-Accessible?

Started by Darius1968, January 07, 2022, 02:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Since IMatch does show the user the total file-counts for any given folder/category/date/collection, I wonder if there is a variable that records this data? 

Mario

There are only File.* Application.* and User.* variables. No variables for folders or collections or timeline nodes.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Darius1968 on January 07, 2022, 02:31:23 PM
Since IMatch does show the user the total file-counts for any given folder/category/date/collection, I wonder if there is a variable that records this data?

The only way, what I can see, is to count it with help of Design&Print.
There is a variable, what counts all selected images. You can select all images of a folder, category and so on and let show and print this number.

The variable is
{Print.Page.Files} von total {Print.Document.Files} Fotos
see attachement.

But the number will not be stored somewhere, but you maybe this could help a bit, but I am afraid, this is not, what yoou want.

But you could create with this some files per folder and finally e.g. all 12 folder-files in one file, where you could see 1 year.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Darius1968

Thanks for your input, Markus. 

Actually, what I'm hoping to somehow achieve, is to be able to sort a data-driven category, such that it ascends/descends, with respect to the file counts.  As is, the only 'built-in' sorts available are alphabetical and numeric.