Remove versions from a stack Stack

Started by frankdarwin, January 10, 2022, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

I have a master file with the files "A", "B", C" and "D" as versions of this master.
Of these versions, only file "A" is really a version of the master. The others show recordings that have absolutely nothing to do with the master.
I have no idea how these fake files became versions of this master.
Possibly this happened during one of my many experiments with IMatch.
Now I am faced with the problem of how to remove these wrong files from the version stack.
Everything I have read in IMatch Help has not helped me.
So my question is:
How do I remove a file from a version stack?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

thrinn

Just select the master and refresh the relations (F4, R). This is the same as using the menu entry Commands > Relations > Refresh relations. IMatch will now recreate the relations based on the File Relation rules that are active at the time you refresh the relations.
If the "wrong" versions should reappear, you have to check your File Relation rules. Because this would mean that the wrong files are grabbed - and this in turn means that your definitions are not correct. Maybe not specific enough...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

QuoteI have no idea how these fake files became versions of this master.

If would be helpful if you could include a minimum of information.

1. The file names of the master file and the version files.
2. The names of the folders containing these files.
3. The version rule you have created.

Without this info, all we can do is guess and that's not helpful.
If we know the rules and file names, we can tell you what happened and what to change.

If you change version rules, IMatch prompts you to refresh the relations so it can update masters and versions based on your new rules. Did you do that?
See Refreshing Relations
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook