Printing an image. Choice of Cache or actual image

Started by WzeroMN, January 18, 2022, 09:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WzeroMN

I have some images that were created long ago in an earlier version. They show fine in this latest version, but I can find no way to print them. If I select the Cache image that I found via my categories I can click it and see it full screen in IMATCH but I can find no way to print it or to send it to a file in a printable format such as JPG. I tried opening it in Viewer and still no way to print. Open with offers Paint Shop Pro which I do not have and have no desire to purchase.

For some of these I may have lost the actual image and have only the cache file? Not sure. Some are very old. Most are scanned images of maps.
Hierro cnadente, batir de repente

Mario

QuoteFor some of these I may have lost the actual image and have only the cache file?

IMatch uses cache images for RAW files for quick previews. Cache images are automatically generated and used by the Viewer, Quick View Panel, the Slide Show and other features.
See The Cache for details.

If you delete the source image outside of IMatch, IMatch will remove the image from the database (and also the cache image). Unless the folder containing the file is off-line (yellow warning icon).
It's unlikely that a cache image somehow survives, unless you have moved the cache folder around, or used multiple databases over time (for the same images). Each database has it's own cache folder (the name of the cache folder is shown in the Info & Activity Panel).

Tip: To find the cache file name for a file, use this variable in the VarToy app:

{File.CacheFileName}

For converting and exporting images, use the Batch Processor
For printing, use Design & Print
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

WzeroMN

Again, I learn how much I do not know. My use of your amazing software is mainly as sort of an indexed album. I really appreciate yor quick support.

I was a bit confused by the changes in the way Scree Shots work in Windows. I have not lost the images, but many are in Paint Shop Pro form that I used MANY years ago when the program was basically free. The current program would not be my choice of phot software if I got into serious photography. My bad. For what I need in many and maybe most cases I can print the screen view of a Cache and get a flle usable and fairly detailed print. My problem is solved.

Attache is an example of what I was needing. It is a map of a 15.7-mile hike in Guadalupe Mountains National Park.

Again, I must complement this support system.

Hierro cnadente, batir de repente