How do I delete an App-based File Window Layout?

Started by thrinn, January 21, 2022, 07:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrinn

This may be a dumb question, but I just do not find the answer myself...
In my database, I find a File Window Layout called "Album View (TS)". I suspect this is a leftover from some early experiments with App-based layouts, but I am not totally sure. Anyway, if I select it I only get some kind of configuration screen where I can select variables, tags and so on. But this layout seems to be broken because there is no ok button, and I see no possibility to actually see my pictures.

My question now is: How can I delete this Layout? For regular layouts, I can use simply the Delete button in the layout editor. But this is not possible for App-based layouts.

A related problem arises if one imports system.imfwl twice: I ended up with two entries for the Gallery Layout. And I am not able to delete the duplicated entry.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

1. Delete the App. The layout will no longer show. This is not an IMatch app so you need to find where you've put it in your installation (User folder, probably).
2. For the other issue, please open a bug report, describing what you did etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

Quote from: Mario on January 21, 2022, 08:03:24 PM
1. Delete the App. The layout will no longer show. This is not an IMatch app so you need to find where you've put it in your installation (User folder, probably).
2. For the other issue, please open a bug report, describing what you did etc.

1. Ha, found it. Might have been a very early alpha version of the Gallery / Album layout, because app.json contained:  "id" : "photools.com.imatch.feature.fw.album". I deleted the sub-folder (located in webroot/user), but unfortunately the entry in the drop down list of available layouts still exists. Even after a restart of IMatch. Any other option to delete it?

2. Bug report created.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

Beta Testing?
Open another bug report for this issue. AFAIK app layouts should only show as long as the FW app exists.
Did you import/merge layouts while the FW app was still existing?
Surely, not a problem affecting (more than a handful of) other users.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook