Quickview and thumbnails lightness/darkness not the same

Started by neal, January 31, 2022, 12:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Mario,
The Quickview and thumbnails lightness/darkness are not the same. Quickview is darker.  Also, frequently the Quickview does not refresh even when the file is refreshed. I am using IMatch 2021.11.4.
Neal

Mario

Did you enable color management for thumbnails or did you enable any of the other thumbnail settings?
Go to Edit > Preferences > Application and search for thumbnail. Make sure extended options is on.
By default IMatch does not color-manage thumbnails for performance reasons.

The Quick View panel refreshes when the cache image is updated. Or when the source image is updated when the image is a JPG.
Specify the precise conditions of when this happens, what you did before, why the Quick View panel should refresh (external modification of the image? In which application? Which file format?).
As always, always include the IMatch log file (log file) from the same IMatch session where you experienced the problem.
There more info we have the better. All else would be guesswork and a waste of time.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal

Did you enable color management for thumbnails or did you enable any of the other thumbnail settings? YES
Go to Edit > Preferences > Application and search for thumbnail. Make sure extended options is on. What is Extended Options? I did noy find it in the settings.
By default IMatch does not color-manage thumbnails for performance reasons.

The Quick View panel refreshes when the cache image is updated. Or when the source image is updated when the image is a JPG.
Specify the precise conditions of when this happens, what you did before, why the Quick View panel should refresh (external modification of the image? In which application? Which file format?).
As always, always include the IMatch log file (log file) from the same IMatch session where you experienced the problem.
There more info we have the better. All else would be guesswork and a waste of time.

As you can see, the brightness difference between the images is about 10%+. I did activate all the thumbnail settings (see attachment).
I use Photoshop 23.0.2 for editing.
All images are JPG.
Even after a force update, the quickview image frequently does not update and sometimes even the original thumbnail also does not  update.

Mario

You apply modifications to the thumbnails IMatch has created. This doubles the possible changes in color and intensity.

1. IMatch produces a small 300 pixel thumbnail by resampling the original image. This will always cause some changes.
Only judge images at 100% without any manipulation (except color-management if your monitor calibrated and you work with color profiles).

2. You have enabled the "Apply thumbnail settings" option (off by default), which applies the vibrancy and sharpen settings. This will also change the look of thumbnails.

Disable this option again and you will see the thumbnail as it was produced by the 3rd party image library IMatch uses (or the WIC codec or LibRaw, when you work with RAW files).

3. The extended settings option is at the bottom of the Edit > Preferences > Application dialog box.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

neal

Thanks.
Please send me a screen capture of the extended settings option. I don't see it at the bottom of the Edit > Preferences > Application dialog box.

Mario

Make sure you are using the latest IMatch version. This feature was introduced in the 2021.14.2 release.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator