2021 About info versus licensed version mismatch

Started by JLGF1, February 09, 2022, 04:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLGF1

Is this correct or is something not-so-obvious going on?

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mopperle

He thinks it should read 2022. But of course it is 2021 because the initial release was 2021.

Mario

Right. There is no 2022 version of IMatch (yet).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JLGF1

Can you guys not view the screen-shot?

The installed version is 2021...as shown by the About info (as it should).

The upper right corner says licensed 2020.

Who said anything about 2022?  The graphic literally shows 2021 and 2020...denoted with an arrow!

He thinks it should read 2022.

Wrong!

Mario

Well, that was hard to figure out...

Why did you not just tell us "Look at the 2020 in the upper right corner"?
You highlighted the IMatch version number and let us guess at what you mean.

The "upper right corner" is the IMatch license plate. What you show there is up to you.
Please right-click and edit the License Place. Look at whatever info / variable you have used there and correct as needed.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

JLGF1

Why did you not just tell us "Look at the 2020 in the upper right corner"?
You highlighted the IMatch version number and let us guess at what you mean.

So, a picture circled in red with a giant red arrow connecting the two was easy to miss??  Got it.

Mario

Is it just me? I don't see any red arrow in your screen shot?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

jch2103

John

sinus

I don't see any red arrows either.
You could also write a few more sentences on a question, couldn't you?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mees Dekker

JLGF1

Apparently, wrong file was attached.

JLGF1

And the "help" is really helpful here.

Yes, it is...if you remember that the field is called ID Plate  (Mario called it License Plate - a license plate is typically immutable, so that was a misnomer).  So, once I remembered that *I* had changed that text (over one year ago), the mismatch was unmasked as a static string and not auto-updated as I first thought.

I personally would prefer the default for the ID Platebe of something useful...like an example of variables to display the current IMatch version number (it can obviously still be changed).  IIRC, I changed the field because the default was of a string of no particular usefulness.

But, that's just me...

JLGF1

To put the version in the ID-Plate:

IMatch version: {Application.Version}

thrinn

Quote from: JLGF1 on February 09, 2022, 10:52:37 PM
I personally would prefer the default for the ID Platebe of something useful...like an example of variables to display the current IMatch version number (it can obviously still be changed).  IIRC, I changed the field because the default was of a string of no particular usefulness.
I prefer to disable the ID Plate completely. If I want to know what my IMatch version is, I can find it in Help > About IMatch. And as long as I do not have a clear idea what I would need in th ID Plate it is easier just to disable it and free up some screen space.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

JLGF1

Quote from: thrinn on February 10, 2022, 09:23:51 AM
If I want to know what my IMatch version is, I can find it in Help > About IMatch.

Certainly true.  But, if you need to grab a screen-shot of an issue for PD, then the version# is conveniently there for the Dev to see.

If you use About IMatch  then you potentially overlay some of your target area.

Either way can work.  That's why choices are good.   :)