sync'ing attributes and ratings between imatch and Capture One

Started by chupacabra, February 13, 2022, 04:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I want to sync attributes, keywords, and ratings between imatch and Capture One. I want to use imatch as my "master" for this - I make these changes in imatch and then somehow get Capture One to read them and show this information in Capture One.

I've tried sync'ing attributes Sync Metadata in Capture One but I think this only syncs among images in Capture One. I wrote my imatch changes to disk (yellow pencil icon) and went into Capture One and selected Load Metadata but that didn't help. 

Capture One is a great editor but as a DAM it leaves a LOT to be desired, so I'd rather let imatch be my rating/color tag/metadata/keywords master.

Has anyone done this or know how to do this?

Mario

Attributes (when you mean Attributes and not something else) is an IMatch concept. There is no way to store Attributes in Metadata, unless you copy them into an XMP tag.

Ratings, label (what you call color tag?), keywords, descriptions etc. are all stored as part of the XMP record IMatch embeds in the image or writes to the XMP sidecar file (depending on the file format).
See Where is Metadata Stored? for details.

The The Metadata Analyst checks image files and XMP sidecar files for problems, and shows you what's in the file.

You can see the actual metadata in your files by running the The ExifTool Command Processor with the "List Metadata" preset.
If the file uses an XMP sidecar file, replace {Files} with {XMPFiles}.

I don't use C1 myself so my experience with current versions and how they handle metadata is limited. If you search this community for C1 or Capture you'll find a number of related topics.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RobiWan

Be carefull - C1 is really great RAW Editor but very bad DAM System.

There are some questions first - are you working with catalog or sessions? When you will read date IMatch wrote?

Never use "full synchronisation" in C1 because it will destroy your IMatch data. Set this point no "never" or "load"

photophart

I use iMatch and Capture One every day. iMatch is the ONLY app that I use to modify metadata. I simply ignore all of the metadata displayed in Capture One and I never alter  metadata from within Capture One. This can be a bit troublesome when using Capture One's very robust export functions. For that I merely revisit all exported images from within iMatch where I modify and/or change metadata as needed. I echo @RobiWan's warning: "Capture One is a very bad DAM system but a great RAW editor".
Regards.