IMatch Busy

Started by frankdarwin, March 20, 2022, 01:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

After I have written back metadata, it happens again and again that the status bar of Media & Folders shows that IMatch is still busy (IM Busy.jpg) although IMatch is not idle according to Info & Activity (Info and Activity.jpg).
The status bar also shows "Updating metadata in files..." (Status.jpg).
This also happens when I write back only a few metadata, e.g. 3.
I then never know whether I can continue with other actions or whether I should wait.

Which display is decisive here? The status bar or Info & Activity?
Or is the status bar not updated correctly?

Mario

They must not necessarily be in sync since the status bar also shows the busy icon while IMatch is recalculating categories, updating collections etc.
You can always work with IMatch, unless IMatch blocks the UI with a progress dialog or something.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin

Thank you.
I thought that when the idle time > 0, IMatch has nothing to do and the busy icon disappears. Why is the idle time > 0 when IMatch recalculates categories or updates collections?
This is confusing.

Mario

Under which conditions do you see this message?
This is a short-lived message which may show up while IMatch is writing-back files, but usually isn't because its either done too fast or the write-back dialog shows with the progress bar and temporarily blocks the UI.
I cannot even make this message show up at all. Not even when writing 5, 50 or 500 RAW files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin

Do you mean the message "Updating metadata in files..."?
This message sometimes remains even after the write-back dialogue has ended. Even if the idle time is > 0.
It only disappears when I perform another action.