annotations

Started by chupacabra, March 23, 2022, 03:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I'm using imatch with C1. C1 has the ability (poor) to add annotations to an image. The annotations are -drawn- on the image using the mouse (pretty awful) and then you can toggle annotation visibility on or off in C1.  When visibilty is on, the annotation is actually displayed on top of the image as if you drew it on a a piece of glass over the image.

I've read some about imatch annotations, but if I understand correctly the annotations are hidden until you mouse-over the info button.  I'm looking for some way to make annotations visible on a file all the time (with the ability to toggle annotation visibility on/off on globally). I have images I want to make visible notes on to remind me to re-shoot the image and why.

Is there anything remotely similar to this in imatch? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for any sort of workaround that might do something like what I want?

These aren't face annotations (don't know if that matters or not).

Mario

QuoteI've read some about imatch annotations, but if I understand correctly the annotations are hidden until you mouse-over the info button. 

Where did you get that from?
Annotations in IMatch are vector-based scalable objects you can freely place on images in the Viewer. A special annotation type are face annotations.

Annotations are shown in the Viewer and the Quick View Panel by default. You can optionally hide them.

I recommend you start with Annotations in the IMatch help to learn how annotations work in IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin

Quote from: chupacabra on March 23, 2022, 03:19:18 AM
Is there anything remotely similar to this in imatch? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for any sort of workaround that might do something like what I want?

I use a column in the thumbnails in the file window to mark photos that I still need to edit.

For this I have changed a file window layout (Layout.jpg).
In the lower right corner I display the headline from the metadata (Photo.jpg).
In the headline I enter what I still have to do (Metadata.jpg).

Furthermore I created a data-driven category (Category.jpg and Category 2.jpg). In this category, all photos are displayed that still require action.