Filtering for image dimensions

Started by lightchaser, February 11, 2022, 12:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightchaser

Hello,
how can I filter my images for portrait format pictures?
Thanks
Franz

thrinn

There is an own type of filter in the Filter Panel. See Orientation and Dimension.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

voronwe

I'm going into this question:

How can I find the dimension of an Image in pixel?

For Out-of-cam, I can see them in the Exif Image Width and Height, but this is gone when the Image was made with Lightroom

Mario

Lr should maintain/update this info!
The filter is based on the standardized XMP tags for width/height.

Switch the metadata panel to "Browser" mode. Do you see the width/height you are interested in somewhere?
If so just, use a tag filter.

IMatch maintains File.Width and File.Height. You can use these with the new Variable filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

voronwe

Quote from: Mario on March 30, 2022, 08:45:37 PM
Lr should maintain/update this info!
The filter is based on the standardized XMP tags for width/height.

Switch the metadata panel to "Browser" mode. Do you see the width/height you are interested in somewhere?
If so just, use a tag filter.

IMatch maintains File.Width and File.Height. You can use these with the new Variable filter.

I found it, but the problem is that the information differs by the File-Type, f.ex. for a TIFF it is inside XMP TIFF, but for JPG it is in JPEG SOF.
I the exif it is sometimes shown, sometimes not.

But as the filter is working all the time, for me it seems that IMatch stores the data in some other place.

So I wanted to add a custom-Panel to my Metadata display, but I could not find File.Width and File.Height so far. So how can I add them to such a panel?

Mario

File.Width / File.Height are internal IMatch fields, made available as variables.
Not metadata tags.

As you learned, even apparently simple tings like width / height differ between metadata and formats.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

voronwe

Quote from: Mario on March 30, 2022, 09:45:25 PM
File.Width / File.Height are internal IMatch fields, made available as variables.
Not metadata tags.

As you learned, even apparently simple tings like width / height differ between metadata and formats.

But is there a simple way to display them, without digging into the Metadata? For me this is one of the most important information, because from that I can see whether a file is usable for printing or not, because from this number you can calculate the maximum size at 300dpi

So far I can see it in the File-Viewer, but I barely use this view, I'm working 90% with Main-Panel and the Quick-View

Or do I should add a feature request to have this information available in the Metadata, like e.g.

photools.com::IMatch\1700\iccprofilename\0 ?

Mario

Display where?
In a File Window? Then use a custom template with the {File.Width} and {File.Height} variables. See Custom Templates
In the Metadata Panel? You can show tags using rules, so you can make a layout that shows a width/height drawing from different tags, ignoring empty tags.
All depends on your other software and workflow.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator