Favorites pointing to batch processor presets disappearing.

Started by ubacher, May 16, 2022, 07:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I had problems caused by two dbs having the same ID. I have this resolved but one
problem remains:
Favorites which point to batch processor presets
disappear at times.

I assume it has to do with switching dbs but I have not found a way to
reproduce it.

It must have something to do with Imatch, at startup?, seeing the batch preset
having been changed somehow and thus no longer valid. It therefore removes
the favorite.

Mario, could you please tell me the exact condition/test which Imatch uses for this
removal of favorites so that I could try to reproduce it(or just avoid it).

Mario

Import & Export presets (including Batch Processor Presets) are stored in the settings database and are not database-dependent. But user-dependent.
Each Import & Export module manages it's own set of presets, linked to the unique UUID of the import & export module.

When IMatch loads Favorites linked to an Import & Export preset, it validates them and removes them if they are invalid for a reason. For example, if the preset they link to no longer exists.
IMatch then logs a warning starting with Removing invalid favorite... with some additional info (Missing preset or Invalid parameters found).
I don't see how this could have been messed up by you running multiple databases with the same database id. There is no database
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I will have to keep a close look at the log file. Unfortunately I don't notice the missing favorites
until I need one again.