Performing multiple tasks as "one-click" action

Started by hoppfrosch, June 06, 2022, 10:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoppfrosch

Hi there,

trying to automate a few custom steps I need to do.

For example
   1-a Assign a category to selection
   1-b Remove (Un-Assign) another category to selection
   1-c Rename the selection (based on date) and move the selection to a new folder

or
   2-a Rename the selection (based on date)
   2-b Move the selection to a new folder
   2-c Remove selection from database

I am able to perform the single steps step-by-step but what I want to have is a one-click solution for this tasks.
I managed to define some of those single steps as "favorites" - but failed for others:
  * assigning a category via "favorite" is easy - but how to unassign?
  * how to remove selection from database via "favorite"?

And last but not least, I couldn't find out how to summarize the single steps into a one-click macro/favorite to perform the single steps at once.

Any hints are appreciated

Thx
hoppfrosch

Mario

Quoteassigning a category via "favorite" is easy - but how to unassign?

Secondary action. Using Favorites

What do you mean by "removing selection from database"?
You can only select files in a File Window. So, I assume you select the Database Node to load all files in the database into a File Window?

You can use an Automation Favorite.
It allows you to chain multiple commands / Favorites and it also has actions for selecting files or for clearing the selection.

If you have just starting uses favorites, I recommend to read through the Automation Favorites once to learn what favorites can do for you. They pack a lot of functionality and are a key feature for automating workflows and saving time.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hoppfrosch

Thanks for your fast answer - I was sure everything I requested has to be possible somehow, but got lost in the depth of all possibilites/documentation...
I will study the suggested reading and try more things out.

Quote from: Mario on June 06, 2022, 11:11:03 AM
What do you mean by "removing selection from database"?
You can only select files in a File Window. So, I assume you select the Database Node to load all files in the database into a File Window?

My usual workflow:
* copying new files from camera into new folder
* scan the folder with Imatch
* review the images
* images I don't want to have within Imatch should be moved to separate folder and be removed completly from database again - so Imatch does not know them anymore ....
(for example: I use to copy paper-printed articles via smartphone-cam. When importing my smartphone images, I don't want have this images in Imatch database forever ....)