Dashboard and Persons

Started by busbahnhof, June 12, 2022, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busbahnhof

Although the dashboard is alive for a while, I had some sparetime today to go through it a bit (and already found some mistakes in some files :-)). Nice tool... !!

When it came to People, the dashboard says: "Sie haben noch keine Personen angelegt" (You still haven't created any people). Though there are already over 150 people in IMatch. Does this only relate to lately added people?

Mario

These stats show recently added or viewed persons.
When you switch to the People View and view the images of some persons, they should show up in the Dashboard.
Or, when you create a new person, it should show up there as well.

This is how it looks in my demo database:

I also see persons there in my other 7 test databases, big and small.
If this is empty for some reason for your database, we need to dig deeper.
Log file in debug mode shows any warnings? See log file
Any warnings in the App output panel?

When you open the dashboard in your web browser (Chrome or Edge preferred), and you switch to the developer tools with <F12> and then reload the app with <F5> are there any lines in red in the "Network" tab or any errors logged to the console drawer?

You should be able to open it via http://127.0.0.1:50519/imatch/apps/FEATURES/dashboard/ in your web browser.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

busbahnhof

From IMATCH6_DIAGNOSIS_LOG

PersonManager Stats:
    Files with faces: 14825
    Persons: 445
    Faces: 24171
    Confirmed: 24170
    Unconfirmed: 1
    Unassigned: 0
    Manual: 0
    Files: 14825
    Faces: 24171
    Entities: 24171. Confirmed: 24170
    Entity keywords: 48207.
    Vector data size: 14039KB
    Thumbnail data size: 265996KB
    Annotations without face data: 5555KB

Found following warnings (no errors):
06.12 14:51:06+    0 [0D98] 01  W>      Spelling: Cannot find a dictionary for language 'de' or failed to load.  'V:\develop\IMatch5\src\IMatchNG\IMatch.cpp(3831)'
06.12 14:51:25+   16 [3178] 01  W>                   <<ENGINE PANIC>>: major:80 minor:350 d1:0 d2:0 s1:'' s2:''  'V:\develop\IMatch5\src\IMEngine\IMEngine5.cpp(1306)'

busbahnhof

If the stats really only show recently added/modified persons, then it could be OK. I haven't worked with persons for a while. Just curious that Dashboard said "no persons" while there were 445 persons added in the past.

For whatever reason http://127.0.0.1:50519/imatch/apps/FEATURES/dashboard/ doesn't work in any browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox).

busbahnhof

Update: Dashboard in web browser works now, after several reloading and F5...

The Network tab shows this (attached screenshot).

Mario

Quote from: busbahnhof on June 12, 2022, 02:56:20 PM
From IMATCH6_DIAGNOSIS_LOG
Found following warnings (no errors):
06.12 14:51:06+    0 [0D98] 01  W>      Spelling: Cannot find a dictionary for language 'de' or failed to load.  'V:\develop\IMatch5\src\IMatchNG\IMatch.cpp(3831)'
06.12 14:51:25+   16 [3178] 01  W>                   <<ENGINE PANIC>>: major:80 minor:350 d1:0 d2:0 s1:'' s2:''  'V:\develop\IMatch5\src\IMEngine\IMEngine5.cpp(1306)'

The spell checker warning is normal. You did not install a dictionary and thus IMatch cannot do spell checking for your input. See Download Dictionaries for Common Languages

The engine panic indicates that there are one or more off-line folders. Also normal.

Did you view a few persons as I suggested? Added a person? Do these show up in the Dashboard?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

busbahnhof

I viewed a lot of persons today, but nothing changed in the dashboard. I just added a new person and the new person shows up in the dashboard and also the persons I viewed before now showed up. Never mind, I now can imagine how it works and that is OK for me. Would have been nice to see the total number of persons. But is just a nice to have.

Mario, many thanks for looking into this!

Mario

Very strange.
I've made some tests, thinking that the display is wrong if there were no people added for a longer time. Or when no people were added at all. And similar combinations.
Maybe the Dashboard is missing an event, not updating when IMWS reports new or viewed persons...

I've created a new database with images containing faces, but without existing face regions. This means the faces are added, but no persons exist.
Then I assigned a person to a file. After a couple of seconds, the Dashboard updated and showed the new person.
I repeated the step for several persons, all showed up in the DB.
Then I looked at two persons and again, after a couple of seconds, the DB updated and showed these persons under recently viewed.

I could not reproduce the effect you were experiencing. Unless somebody comes up with steps to reproduce this or a situation where this happens, I will not investigate further.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator