iMatch5 feels a bit sluggish ??

Started by kirk, November 09, 2013, 10:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

in showing/scrolling/rescaling  thumbnails.     

The 3.6 version takes forever to load my huge image base but then it shows thumbnails pretty quickly while scrolling.  I don't use offline cache, just use 800px thumbnails instead.
Is it not good for imatch5?

Mario

It would be helpful if you could attach a log file (in debug mode, Help > Support > Debug Logging) of a session where you performed "sluggish" operations.

The file window can load 10,000 files in a few seconds. Loading a file window with 50,000 files from a fast disk takes about 10 seconds or so.

Scroll performance depends on dozens of factors, from the speed of your disk (lots of data has to be loaded when new files are to be shown in the file window) to the file window layout you use. To you display lots of metadata? Which layout do you use? Is a filter active? Stacked files? Versioned files? How many and which panels are open? All this impacts how fast IMatch can load and scroll a file window.

Please

1. Attach a screen shot of IMatch
2. Attach a log file in debug mode from a session where you loaded the file window a few times and scrolled
3. Explain a bit of your file window layout etc.

4. Also, run a Database Compact and Optimize from the Database menu > Tools > Compact... to see if this changes anything.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook