File Window Tips/Layouts And Multiple Databases

Started by Darius1968, August 04, 2022, 08:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I always thought that the various File Window Tips And Layouts were specific to each database.  But, it seems that when I change a FWT in one DB, then when I open the next database, that same FWT is still in effect.  Is there any way to have the FWT (and the layouts) specific to the database, and if the same is desired across databases, then the user can load it from a file on disk?  No big deal if its not possible.  Just trying to make sure I understand things...Thanks. 

Mario

File Window Tips usually don't contain any database-specific content, just text and variables.
Exceptions may be variables which refer a specific category or Attribute set only available in one database. But then the variable would just return an empty result.

The general idea is that, in the very rare case a user uses more than one database, the File Window Tips are available for all databases.
Just not worth to keep separate sets of File Window Tips. Not many users use more than one database ever.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook