custom sort profile lost

Started by mail@simmformation.de, August 29, 2022, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mail@simmformation.de

Looks like i accidentally deleted the custom sort profile.

Unfortunately, I could not restore it, nor find the settings to recreate a custom sort.

Can you help me out?

Thanks!

sinus

I think, you mean this one:
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

You cannot delete the custom sort profile. It is not offered in the profiles list in Sort Profiles and hence cannot be deleted.

Please tell us exactly what you did, which commands/features you have used etc.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on August 29, 2022, 04:09:55 PM
You cannot delete the custom sort profile. It is not offered in the profiles list in Sort Profiles and hence cannot be deleted.

Please tell us exactly what you did, which commands/features you have used etc.

Hmm, I think, we can simply delete a custom sort profile in the same window, where we can create one.  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The custom sort profile is the one with the name [Custom] in the drop-down list (see Custom (Manual) Sort Orders).

Maybe the OP means a sort profile he has create himself, a "user-defined" sort profile?
In that case, if he has deleted it and confirmed the changes by closing the dialog with OK, there is no way to get it back.

Tip for the OP: You should change your forum user name to be something different than your email (click on the Profile link at the top, in the row with the orange Home button).
Google and many other bots scan this board frequently, harvesting email addresses. Which is why this board by default does not show user's email addresses.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mail@simmformation.de

Thank you all for your suggestions.

The problem is solved, even though I donĀ“t know, how this happend.

Maybe I should have been more precise, but I was unable to move my pictures in the view panel, even though I had choosen "Benutzerdefiniert" (i.e. custom sort). There was no waiting line, so I though a busy system could not have been the cause of my problem.

Anyway. I returned to iMatch a couple of hours later and the view panel allows me to shuffle my pics again.

So: Thanks to everybody.

Mario

If IMatch is busy doing stuff, you can see an indicator in the status bar at the bottom of the window.
You can also open the Info & Activity Panel to do a quick check to see if IMatch is busy.
The IMatch Dashboard shows you if and what IMatch is currently doing, how much resources it uses, if there are any problems you should look into etc.

The File Window may, temporarily (for a short time, seconds), disable manually dragging elements when you are in the Collection/Category/Event/People/Timeline View and IMatch is currently processing new files or performs other operations which may affect what you see in the File Window (for your protection).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator