Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the tabs

Started by kieranmartin6223, September 07, 2022, 04:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kieranmartin6223

I think the UI is becoming full! There are a number of views (Events, People, Dashboard) that I hardly use. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the corresponding tabs?

Mario

You cannot remove individual View tabs. But they don't get in the way either.
The Dashboard is a particularly useful tool to keep an eye on the health of IMatch and the state of your collections. To identify issues with files etc. Very useful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mopperle

I also do not see any need to remove tabs. Currently there are 7 tabs I use mainly the first 3 tabs and would not see any benefit only having those 3 tabs. I would see a benefit to sort/remove tabs, if there are more then 10 tabs and you would have to scroll to see all of them. But in the current state I simply do not care.

Mario

Quote from: mopperle on September 07, 2022, 09:44:58 AM(...) if there are more then 10 tabs and you would have to scroll to see all of them. But in the current state I simply do not care.
This depends, of course, on the screen resolution. On a 4K screen, the tabs occupy only less than 20% of the IMatch application window width. On smaller screens or screens with very high scaling for readability, the tabs will appear larger.

That being said, making the View tabs optional would require a substantial amount of programming work.

Currently, IMatch and all apps rely on the fact that all Views exist.
They may not be loaded fully (IMatch delays loading the full content until the View is activated for the first time to conserve resources), but the View windows and other UI parts exist.
If Views would be made optional, all related code paths, the internal IMatch message bus mechanism and all affected apps would have to be modified to deal with the "View might not exist" situation. Even commands like "goto view" or the keyboard shortcuts for activating views or switching between views would have to be extended or disabled as needed. Nope, sorry. Way too much work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook