Database opening in read only

Started by René, October 06, 2022, 07:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

I have 2 databases, main 165 000 pics and a secondary larger one.
Two weeks ago, my computer SSD crashed... Need to have Windows re-installed and my first software was Imatch. It work fine.
Yesterday I reinstall Photoshop CS5. Fine. But since Imatch open in Read Only mode.
I never known this mode exist and I don't need it.
I am the only user of my computer so I am the administrator. (Don't know much about)
Actually all background seem finished. 
What can I do to regain full control on my database?

René

Mario

First thing: Open the Database menu and verify if the "Open Database in read-only mode" option is checked.
If so, uncheck it and the problem is solved.

If this is not checked, the most likely issue is a Windows file permission problem. The user running IMatch (you) is not allowed to modify the database file (or the folder it contains). This might happen if you transfer files from another computer or restore them from backup.
Right-click on the database file in Windows Explorer and open the properties. Go to the "Security" tab and make sure that "Authenticated Users" have  Modify/Read and execute/Read/Write privileges. Repeat this for the folder containing the database file.

Please attach the IMatch log file (see log file) so we see what the actual problem is.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

René

Oh! I am confused.
I search in web help for Read only... Nothing obvious.
So simple. Only to look in the Imatch help menu. There is an option to start in Read only mode.
I realy don't remember to mark that option.

Sorry for taking your time.

René

Mario

As you said, searching for read-only or read only in the help leads to the corresponding information: 4. Read-only Access
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook