Previews not showing in DXO Photolab 5

Started by Stefanjan, October 10, 2022, 04:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefanjan

Over the last couple of days, when selecting images in the imatch file window and clicking the Photolab 5 favourite, Photolab behaviour is not working correctly.

Previously Photolab opened in Customize with the first selected image visible in the main Photolab window and all the selected images visible in the Photolab browser.

Now Photolab opens in Customize with no images visible and the following message displayed "To preview the correction for an image, select it in the image browser below."

If I the click on the Photolibrary tab, all the selected images are displayed. If I then switch back to Customize the image are displayed and I can edit as normal.

I can't find a date anywhere for imatch 2021.17.2, I was wondering whether this is an issue introduced with this version or what else has changed.

Mario

Nothing has changed for a very long time in the way IMatch "opens" shortcuts providing files. This is a Windows standard protocol and IMatch just uses it.

I just checked with Ps, Affinity and some other of the software I use daily, and it works just fine.

My guess is that DxO has changed how they handle shell shortcuts when files are provided. I suggest you contact their support and ask what they have changed something in an update?

QuoteI can't find a date anywhere for imatch 2021.17.2,

The date IMatch versions are released are shown  in the Announcement board here in the community and on my Facebook and Twitter channels and of course in the customer portal, for each release.

The 2022.17.2 version was released on August 31.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Stefanjan

Thanks Mario, following your reply, I installed a trial version of the latest version of Photolab 6, this version works correctly. As I'll probably upgrade if pricing right on Black Friday sales, I'll use the trial version in the interim.

JohnZeman

Stefanjan for what it's worth I've upgraded to PhotoLab 6 and what made it worth it for me is I no longer need to send an image from IMatch to PhotoLab 6 more than one time unlike what I used to have to do with previous versions of PhotoLab.

Now I'll send a raw image from IMatch to PhotoLab and since we can drag and drop and nest our PhotoLab projects the way we want, once I have the image assigned to a PhotoLab project if I need to work on the raw image again in the future I just click on the particular project that has the image I want to work on.  Much nicer from my point of view.

See screenshot attachment of my PhotoLab projects in chronological order.PL6 projects.png

jch2103

Interesting. For me, sending groups of images from IM to PhotoLab 5 and creating PL projects always worked properly (and continues to do so in PL 6). There must have been some obscure setting that caused different behavior between you all and me. Glad to heard that it's working properly for you in PL 6.  
John

Aubrey

Stefanjan

I spoke too soon.  Often doesn't work in photolab 6.

Good news, dxo recognise it as a bug and will fix it.