How to hide the Annotation Panel in the Viewer when used as a panel?

Started by Damit, November 13, 2022, 08:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damit

Please let me know how this can be done. I see pictures of the Viewer without the Annotation Panel in the Help section but I cannot find how to hide it. I am using the Viewer as a panel. There is no option to hide the Annotation Panel under View>Panels.

thrinn

Short answer: Context menu. Always worth a try  ;)
Right click into the Viewer, then choose the corresponding Display Options. Or use the keyboard shortcut A,E to show/hide the annotations themself, or T,A to toggle the Annotation Panel.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

I agree. Right-click is the way to go. It opens the Context Menu. The "Display Options" sub-menu allows you to show/hide any panel and overlay.

The Viewer Help topic lists all available overlays and panels in Overlays and especially the  Annotations Panel
 in the Panels section.

The Keyboard Cheat Sheet also lists the hotkeys for toggling Viewer panels.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Damit

Thanks! That was driving me crazy.  I tried the T,A, but for some reason it was not working.  I must have been doing something wrong but now it is working fine. 

loweskid

Quote from: Damit on November 14, 2022, 02:51:45 AMThanks! That was driving me crazy.  I tried the T,A, but for some reason it was not working.  I must have been doing something wrong but now it is working fine. 

You have to press the two keys within one second - you were probably slightly too slow... :)

Tveloso

Quote from: loweskid on November 14, 2022, 11:38:12 AM
Quote from: Damit on November 14, 2022, 02:51:45 AMThanks! That was driving me crazy.  I tried the T,A, but for some reason it was not working.  I must have been doing something wrong but now it is working fine. 

You have to press the two keys within one second - you were probably slightly too slow... :)
...and the viewer itself (and not one of its panels) must have the focus, in order for the keyboard shortcut to work
--Tony

Damit

Thank you both for the tips. I think it both these things (not doing it fast enough, or not having the viewer in focus, probably mostly the latter) were the reasons why it was not working. I read the help again and I do not see anywhere where it is stated that the viewer must be in focus, perhaps I missed it. If not, maybe it should be included? I was putting the panel in focus because that is what I was trying to toggle.

It also seems that you have to have an image loaded in the viewer to for the toggle to work.

Mario

Standard Windows behavior. The window with the input focus (usually the last window you've clicked into) receives keyboard input. If you activate a window other than the Viewer, the Viewer will never know that you've pressed some keys.

For details about keyboard shortcuts in IMatch, see How to Use Keyboard Shortcuts.

If the Viewer has no files loaded, it is basically deactivated.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in a minute.
If you don't get the keyboard to work for you, just right-click into the Viewer to open the context menu, which has all the options, switches, commands and whatnot.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook