Can create date be set empty?

Started by Aubrey, November 20, 2022, 12:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Is it possible to set create date to "no value"?
I'm digitizing some slides, I know date time digitized, but have no idea of create date - nothing on slide. I would therefore like to leave this blank, and only have digitized date.

In batch processing I have a text field: 
Dated: {File.MD.XMP::xmp\CreateDate\CreateDate\0|format: MMM YYYY}

When I have no idea of date, I would prefer that the date is blank.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

The create date indicates the data the image was created (date and time of the scan in your case).
The date subject created indicates the date and time the actual photo was created. For images taken with digital cameras or smart phones both dates are usually identical. For scanned slides, the date subject created is the precise or estimated date and time the original photo was created.

IMatch always fills both timestamps, in order to ensure proper operation. Many features in IMatch rely on the one or other date, and hence IMatch ensures they exist and are correctly formatted. See How IMatch uses Date and Time Information for more information.

If you are unsure about the date the subject was created, enter a valid date and use one of the other metadata tags (e.g. description) to record that the date is an estimate.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

John