Too many versions

Started by JohnZeman, November 21, 2022, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnZeman

Apparently I have managed to create quite a mess of my versions.  :o :'(
What does the 156 mean in the highlighted thumbnail of my attachment and how do I get rid of it?

If I right click that thumbnail and choose select all versions 155 files are selected and for the life of me I can't get rid those versions?  Right clicking the thumbnail and choosing Versions > Remove manual version link doesn't seem to do anything.

For the most part I've been getting along fine with file relations but this has me stumped.

Mario

The 156 is the number of files in that version set. If you open the Version Panel you see them all.

I think one of your version file relations rules is too "generous" and grabs too many files?!
If the versions are detected by a regular version rule, you cannot remove them via the "remove manual version link".

Open Edit > Preferences > File Relations and check the version rule you have setup for DNG masters. Make sure it does not find unwanted versions.

After fixing the issue, select this folder in the Media & Folders View and press <F4>,<R> to rebuild the versions. Use "Keep Manual" if you also work with manual versions. This will remove unwanted versions for the DNG file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

Thank you Mario, that was indeed my problem.
File relations are looking good now.  ;D