Can´t see waypoints in loaded GPX Track of Map Panel

Started by jarraun, December 30, 2022, 09:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarraun

Dear users.

Self explanatory subject, can´t find in help any settings to see waypoints. Please help.

GPX:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-DsUl0wZ5KSA0cS4HazC0RCOyp_WfSOB/view?usp=share_link

Mario

What is the problem you are having? This is not clear from your description.

You did not provide any sample images so I had to prepare an image myself, with a timestamp falling into the time range covered by your track log. Next time please also include some images in your upload. A track log alone is not enough.

Then I've loaded your track log into the map panel. It shows as a blue outline.
I've then corrected the track timezone offset to match the image I've prepared (see Adjusting the Time Zone Offset)
The image was now detected and placed on the corresponding location on the track:

Image1.jpg

I then used the "Apply Track Log Data t All Selected Images". The image received a GPS coordinate and was automatically reverse geo-coded to Montagne de Laberou.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jarraun

Sorry Mario, I didn´t understand very well the Adjusting the Time Zone Offset  and didn´t provide with right information.

My cameras don´t have GPS, I always record tracks logs with my GPS and set a waypoint in them when I take a photo, then once in Map panel I drop the image to its corresponding waypoint.

And that's why I worry about not seing waypoints that are actually seen in others tools (Qgis, GPX-Studio, Geoportail) 

Captura de pantalla 2023-01-01 195637.jpg

Please could you help me with this ?

Have a Happy new PhotoYear.

Mario

The Map Panel does not display way points or track points for imported track logs. Just the route.
You don't need to manually drop images on way points. IMatch does this for you, based on the timestamps in the log and your images.

When you load a track log into the Map Panel, the track is shown on the map.
Now you select the files you want to map in the File Window and use the Settings from the Track Log menu.

This dialog allows you to match the timestamps in your track log with the timestamps in your files. If the clocks of your logger and camera were in-sync, you don't need to add any offset and all files will be mapped. Else shift the timeline of the log to contain all file timestamps. There is an auto option, too.

The Settings dialog shows you how many files have been mapped. If you are satisfied, click OK.
Now you see flags for all mapped files on the track log.

To apply the coordinates to the files (set GPS coordinates, optionally perform reverse geocoding), use "Apply Track Log Data to selected files" from the same menu.

IMatch does not attempt to re-create all features, bells and whistles of dedicated Geo applications like GeoSetter or the hundreds of Geo apps available for Windows, Linux, Android and iOS. It's just not needed for a DAM. The ability to import track logs and apply GPS coordinates to files and reverse geocoding is sufficient for IMatch. If you're into Geo and you want more visuals and geo-related features, use one of the specialized applications or apps available.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jarraun

Thank you Mario, I understand now. I asked because IMatch Help says:

QuoteGPX Track Log ImportThe features in this menu enable you to import track log files in standard GPX format. IMatch supports single and multiple track, routes and way points, as long as all points have a time stamp and are in GPX format.

I´ll try Adjusting the Time Zone Offset  and see if it suits my needs but waypoints could help to test the accuracy of the offset. Its ok for me, I could ask for a feature request.

Mario

When I recall correctly, IMatch prefers trackpoints over waypoints. Or the other way round. Not sure anymore.
It's been years since I've worked on that feature and it seems it works just fine for all users working with track logs.

It makes no difference, anyway.
IMatch matches the timestamps of the way points / track points to the timestamps of the images to match.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator