Storing Face Tags in {File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSub

Started by jlamp712, December 22, 2022, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlamp712

I'm new to iMatch and am loving it.  I've searched all over and cannot find or understand how to get iMatch to store face tags in this part of the metadata {File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject\0}

I would like to store the data here to use with Emby.  That is the metadata location it reads and allows me to search tags on my tv.

Please point me in the right direction if this has already been answered.

Thanks

Mario

XMP face regions optionally have a "tag" - a short text that is associated with a face. Usually linking to some sort of person or similar. This plain text tag is the only identifying information of XMP face regions. Note: this tag is not keywords!

When you create a person in IMatch, you assign a unique "tag" to this person.
Usually, you also enter the full name, maybe a short name, gender etc. Optionally you add keywords for a person, categories and other information. Note: sometimes keywords are named tags in applications, for some reason...

When you assign a person to a face, IMatch writes the XMP face region, the tag linked to each person and the keywords of each person to the XMP record of that file. IMatch also creates/updates the XMP PersonInImage tag during write back.

QuoteI would like to store the data here to use with Emby.
 That is the metadata location it reads and allows me to search tags on my tv.

I have no idea what Emby is, sorry.
If you write back a file with faces and associated persons in IMatch, the XMP record of the file contains the XMP face regions, tags, keywords and other data. Emby should pick that up automatically.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jlamp712

Thanks for your reply.

https://emby.media/ is the software I am working with and through trial and error, I know it only reads in persons from {File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject\0}   This is now a plase person datat is stored at by default in iMatch.  So, two questions:

1.  Can I chage the default person data storage location to this location?
2.  Can I copy the person data to this location?  If so, can I automate it.

Thanks

Jason

Mario

Why does this software/web site read persons from keywords? I have never heard about emby media.
Perhaps it is like Mylio and they do everything non-standard and their way? Don't know.

The official XMP tag for storing the persons in the image (via their tag) is PersonsInImage. IMatch fills that tag during write-back of course. IMatch also persists the face regions you create in the Viewer or by other means in the official XMP face region tags, making them available for other XMP-compliant software.

You can optionally configure IMatch to add hierarchical keywords when you assign a person to a face.
This is a very convenient comfort feature, specific to IMatch. You configure the keywords to assign to the image when you assign a person to a face via the The Person Editor. You can also assign categories when you assign a person to a face.

Quote1.  Can I chage the default person data storage location to this location? 
What does this mean? What is default person data storage? What person data do you want to store in keywords, and why are the features for this available in IMatch (see above) not sufficient? You can basically store anything in hierarchical keywords.
You can just add a tag for a person, the entire name, family relations, gender, age group etc. This all depends on how you want to structure your keywords, and which keywords you want to store for persons.

Quote2.  Can I copy the person data to this location?  If so, can I automate it. 
What personal data would you like to copy from where?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jlamp712

Here is a file that has more metadata than needed and in non standard locations.  It looks to me like the faces I tag in iMatch show up in "Person In Image"  Emby works good for streaming to my tv and it has a filter feature called tags.  It appears to automaticly pull in all data in the Hierarchical Keywords section.  I know it isn't a perfect solution, but I would like to make an excact copy of the data in "Person In Image" to "Hierarchical Keywords" automaticly if possible.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvdqP8VtReUxg9xW0AHKkTSfqA0AmQ?e=l2OaD4

Mario

Why don't you just add keywords to each person in the Person Editor: Person Keywords and Categories
If you assign a person to a face (or IMatch does this), the keywords of that person are added to the hierarchical keywords of that file automatically. The keywords are automatically updated when you remove the person or modify a person's keywords in the Person Editor. No manual work is needed, just add keywords to your person. IMatch has it all built-in.

I suggested that in my last reply already. Did you read it? Did you try it?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator